When you are traveling with family or a group, it is essential that the group dynamic enhances your overall travel experience. Having someone by your side to appreciate the beauty, share new experiences and create memories with is one of the many joys of traveling. However, there are a few concerns that need to be addressed before taking on the world with a potential travel partner. Publicaton Smarter Travel has compiled a list of potential issues you may encounter with an incompatible travel partner.
Traveling with a partner that has relatively similar expectations can make your vacation a match made in paradise. Here are some telltale signs that you may need to reconsider your travel partner:
- Financial Differences- if travel partners have different budgets it can drastically alter arrangement expectations. If one traveler has a higher budget than the other they will expect accommodations at luxury hotels and expensive nights out the other won’t be able to afford. Before departing, it is important to discuss how money will be managed between the groups to prevent future conflict.
- Making Plans- make sure each partner is aware of how the itinerary of the trip will unfold. Travelers have unique ways of experiencing their destination, whether it be exploring or following a strict agenda. Plan out the logistics of your trip before departure that revolve around compromise. There will be plenty of time to satisfy each partners travel bucket list.
- Different Taste Buds- make it a priority to discuss food preferences before heading to your destination with opposite cravings. It is nearly impossible for someone with a palate for carnivorous dishes to travel with a strict vegan. Try to find restaurants in advance that cater to multiple food preferences in order to avoid arguments and empty stomachs.
- Different Sleep Patterns- if you are planning to share a hotel room with a night owl or early riser, be prepared. Try to prearrange a sleep schedule to accommodate both of your needs. Arrange alarms that are considerate and reasonable for others; otherwise consider making other sleeping arrangements. Plan late night social activities that work well for everyone involved.
- Adrenaline Junkies- if you would rather sit on a guided tour through a foreign city rather than seeking out an adventure, refrain from traveling with an adrenaline junkie. However, if each partner is ok with sightseeing independently arrange plans accordingly.
- Personality Clashes- going out to enjoy local night life every night will not settle well with an introvert travel partner. Compromise a schedule where less social travel partners can enjoy some rest and relaxation if necessary.
- Transportation Blunders- discuss which means of transportation you will utilize throughout your trip. Some travelers detest long car rides, get sea sickness or have fears of flying. Certain transportation methods also come with heavy price tags that could place a burden on getting where you need to be.
At Eva’s Best Travel and Cruises, we get to know you, your interests and desires and customize your trip. With our affiliation with Cruise Planners and American Express Travel, our wonderful team of over 350 travel partners, all vetted through American Express for their high quality and service, will match the lowest publish price and give you the most amenities. You will save a lot of time, money and frustration as we counsel and advise you on your dream vacation. Call us at: 203-221-3171, 888-499-7245, firstname.lastname@example.org, text us at: 203-554-4462, check our website at: http://www.EvasBestTravelAndCruises.com.