What’s New in Alaska 2013
Alaska is known for the pioneer spirit of the people and breathtaking scenery. The remote, natural beauty is beyond compare. A journey to Alaska is transformational in nature; after returning home it is almost guaranteed you will see people and nature differently. It will be our pleasure to help you plan your next trip to Alaska. We will save you a lot of time, money and give you the peace of mind knowing that you are dealing with high quality backed by American Express Travel. Please call us at: 203-221-3171 or toll free at: 888-499-7245 and be sure to check our website weekly for specials: www.EvasBestTravelAndCruises.com.–
Here’s a preview of Alaska’s Cruise Locations and Top Attractions:
Small Ship 8-day Cruises:
1. Day 1- Features an unforgettable experience indulging in the beauty of Sitka’s St. Michaels Cathedral and the Russian Bishop’s house. Take a trip to the Sheldon Jackson Museum, and then hop on board for a “Sea Otter & Wildlife Quest”. This quest will emerge you in the Sitka sound, where you are sure to feel one with nature.
2. Day 2- Venture to Kake, a unique Tlingit Indian settlement. KaKe, which is known for the “World’s Largest Totem” pole, will give you the opportunity to participate in a carving demonstration. You will be lucky enough to see a salmon hatchery and catch a glimpse at some wild bears!
3. Day 3- Experience Petersburg at the Sons of Norway Hall with some Norwegian Folk Dance! After the children of Petersburg amaze you with their talent, head out into town for some adventure.
4. Day 4- Experience the wonder of Tracy arm fjord that resides among the beauty of waterfalls and granite cliffs 4,000 feet above sea level!
5. Day 5-. Enjoy Hobart Bay your own way with access to kayaks, Zego runabouts and all-terrain vehicles. Find your way through the wilderness with these vehicles, or escape to the shoreline.
6. Day 6- Experience the thrill riding Mount Roberts Tram while feasting your eyes on Mendenhall Glacier. You will find yourself in Colt Island at Orca Point Lodge for a delicious salmon and king crab dinner.
7. Day 7- You will find yourself at an UNESCO World Heritage Site with a program lead by a Glacier Bay National Park Service Ranger, as well as a Native Huna Tlingit naturalist.
8. Day 8- Disembark in Sitka (transfer to the airport is included).